According to recent studies reported on by Medical News Today…
- Prolonged sitting is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths.
- Sitting for more than 3 hours daily is responsible for around 3.8% of all-cause deaths over 54 countries.
- Americans spend up to 13 hours a day sitting…
- However, 67% of Americans say they hate sitting.
- Findings support the importance of promoting active lifestyles (more physical activity and less sitting) as an important aspect for premature mortality prevention worldwide.
Review the report for more critical information about wellness consequences of the modern workplace, and check out A Step Ahead for wellness solutions for your team!
Being part of a team results in more individual effort. The average American watches over 5 hours of TV per day. Stand up during commercials to avoid long stretches of inactivity on the couch.
SIGN UP FOR THE FIX HEALTH NEWSLETTER