According to recent studies reported on by Medical News Today…
- Prolonged sitting is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths.
- Sitting for more than 3 hours daily is responsible for around 3.8% of all-cause deaths over 54 countries.
- Americans spend up to 13 hours a day sitting…
- However, 67% of Americans say they hate sitting.
- Findings support the importance of promoting active lifestyles (more physical activity and less sitting) as an important aspect for premature mortality prevention worldwide.
Being part of a team results in more individual effort. The average American watches over 5 hours of TV per day. Stand up during commercials to avoid long stretches of inactivity on the couch.
SIGN UP FOR THE FIX HEALTH NEWSLETTER